Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Laurie Peters

This evening was like most Tuesday evenings, slow and boring.
Until a lone "customer" made it an evening to remember.

I was doin' my thang...sizing and colorizing the sale rounders, when I see a woman with a handful of items rush by. She has a few pairs of True Religion jeans and other items stacked over her arm. When I ask if she needs a room, she declines my offer. I thought this odd, since it looked as if her arm would fall off if she were to add anything else to her pile. Then without warning about 15 minutes later I see a rush of activity coming from the lingerie department, I see the same woman at the register dumping her items on the cash-rap. Out of the corner of my eye I see a woman on a walkie talkie running down the back isle, yelling "GO TO PETITES!" to the person on the opposite end. Before I know it I see the sketchy female "customer" running out the door with a pair of jeans in her arms. She runs out onto the bridge that connects the second story with the parking structure. I hear screaming and I, as well as various other employees, run to the middle isle to get a clear view of the events as they unfold. I see two people from Loss Preventions tackling the lady, she's screaming and crying. One of the guys had literally jumped on top of her and was wrestling her down to the ground. She was struggling and screaming at the top of her lungs. Apparently, The person who was waiting in the car for her just outside the door, booked it as soon as he saw her being captured. Bummer. I guess that is one way to find out who your true friends are.

Anyway...thank you sketchy shop-lifting lady for making my Tuesday night pass a little quicker than usual.

*We at Nordstrom take designer jeans very serious, so don't try to lift a pair on your way out. You will be caught and brutally wrestled to the ground.

8 comments:

Carrie Allen said...

I can't believe you blog about bethany like that...she couldn't afford the jeans okay?!

Frank Morgan said...

holy crap. freakin ridiculous.
how stoked are you that you got to witness it!

Austin James Ranson said...

I freakin love shoplifters!

blythe said...

so...who's laurie peters?

jordan said...

mann i wish i could of witnessed this vat amount of information. was my mother there?

Camyron Lee said...

Laurie Peters is code for lost prevention: the group of employees who monitor those who would seek to steal from Nordstrom.

And ya Jordan...your Mom was there! ha

Cece said...

scary, yet I wish I was there..

creepy how that happens.

Austin James Ranson said...

at urban our code word is "Mrs. Nick"

in case you (or any of your readers) are interested in code words (other than Laurie Peters) that stores use for nabbing thieves.

ps... happy birthday a month late, again.