Tuesday, October 14, 2008

All Time Low

Today I hit an all time low...
and NOT for reasons that would be expected of a student struggling through mid-terms.

Today while meandering through BIG LOTS(Formerly Pic-N-Save), I was humming whatever song was blaring over the state of the art sounds system. When it happened...
I walked past the kitchen isle, Halloween decorations/costumes(complete with plastic machetes, masks, and other haunting decorations), christmas decorations (Which I'm pretty sure they carry year-around), and was making my way toward the back of the store when I looked down the isle to my right as I passed: I see a man (Total father of four material), in a collared shirt.
Just out of my peripheral vision.
I thought nothing of it...until I began to make my way back towards the front of the store.
I passed the home decor isle and saw the same "Dad." This time I look as I pass and he smiles and says "Hello."
As I'm thinking just how weird that was...I hear "Hello, excuse me...".
I turn and see "World's Greatest Dad" looking at me. He's like "Oh, I'm sorry...you don't work here, do you?"

No, No Dad of the year...I don't work at Big Lots. I can't direct you to the isle with the 5 year old canned goods, or last year's Halloween candy.

* ALL TIME LOW.


Other random things I found there:
-Guitar shaped plastic containers with Elvis on the front, filled with pop-corn(I also located large plastic beer bottles filled with the like)
-Blistex for 59 cents (A find indeed)
-A (plastic) machete and butcher knife (Which Chris and I chased each other around the store with)
-A bag full of "fun-sized" pop-rocks (Chris just couldn't pass this deal up)

Oh Big Lots, A storehouse of cheap random items.

*Side Note: Has everyone at least BEEN into SMART&FINAL.
That place is amazing, its like costco with party stuff and TONS of fresh baked goods *IN BULK

Oh the places I have been, in search of random wedding items.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are hilarious.

jordan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jordan said...

i remember being in pic n save in fontana for hours and hours of the day with my mother wanting to kill myself because their toy isle sucked terribly.

danielle marie. said...

big lots. oh man that place....

Frank Morgan said...

oh the days of pic n save.
when i was a kid, around Christmas time, so stoked to buy Christmas presents for my parents (with my Dad's own money). THATS where i shopped.