Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sketch

So I was walking out of work, along the sidewalk, today. Minding my own business. Talking on the phone. When a white SUV with dark windows rolls up, I see someone waving and then they start honking. I think to myself, "perhaps I know this person?". I couldn't really tell, so I keep walking. Then the car pulls to the curb, and is honking. The occupant rolls down their window. I'm thinking "Maybe they need directions". I find out JUST how naive I am, when I back up a few steps and look in the window. I see a guy, leaning across the seat, who yells out "You're beautiful!". I laugh, and let out an "Oh my gosh"(In as rude a tone as I can muster) and walk away. I hear "Wait, Why are you walking away?!"

I keep walking, needless to say.
So sketchy. I feel like a little kid, I'm far too naive.
Maybe it was the honking that threw me off guard.

7 comments:

blythe said...

i don't think you're naive- i wouldn't have expected that either.

hahah how great. like you're going to get kidnapped in the irvine spectrum parking lot.
well, you coulddd, but realistically.

Carrie Allen said...

the other day I walked into the gas station and the guy working was like, "well hello beautiful...", and then proceeded to end all of his sentences with "beautiful".

I walked out thinking, why the heck can't I meet any normal guys who think this way...

Camyron Lee said...

Carrie, I hear ya. It's always the creepers in sketchy SUV's, or the guy at the gas station.Rarely anyone normal.

But thanks Blythe. I like to think I was just totally caught off guard. But I have my doubts.

danielle marie. said...

very sketch indeed.
and also a little bit scary.

Carrie Allen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mel said...

HAHAHAA cuz you ARE beautiful!! I'm surprised you don't get that like all the time.

Psalm37 said...

Their's nothing wrong with being called Beautiful. I've been called beautiful by a young man who had down syndrome, and that made my day, because before that comment I was having a horrific day, but that was a while ago.