Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Baby Love

Blessings list:

-NEW CAR!
-Youth girls
-Weekend getaways, with the ladies
-A job I thoroughly enjoy
-Sleepovers with my niece and nephews
-Having my best friend(s) back in the same county, once again
-The dollar theater(I've found that one's expectations of a two-dollar film are a lot lower, leaving less room for disappointment)

Realization:

Whether you are the "dumper" or regrettably on the receiving end, relationships leave a distinct mark upon your heart. Some feelings never dissipate, some hurts never fully heal. Just because you did not "love" does not mean you will not miss what you had or the idea of what could have been. There are so many cons in finding love or searching for it, that the pros often seem distant and unattainable. Not that I'm rushing off to set up an E.harmony account, nor am I speaking from years of experience. However, through friends and brief experiences of my own, I'm learning that the love that my parents and married siblings have found, is something of a novelty and to be expectantly desired in my own life.

A jumble of thoughts of little consequence, on a topic, I barely understand.

3 comments:

Cafe Observer said...

Oh No!, you're pregnant was my 1st thought.

Love, like other very valuable desires, comes with hard work, luck, persistence, patience...and, a knowledge of what love is. One should be able to recognize it, the object of the desire.

blythe said...

I love the way your mind works. And the way you write. Keep it up.

Regarding love, and all things future-related: you'll do great, I just know it. :]

Psalm37 said...

Love comes in all shapes and sizes, but we should enjoy every moment that is given to us!