Sunday, August 23, 2009

Up On the Roof

Warning: although this post is lacking bullet points, it is a list of random things I'm pondering and is meant to be read as if there were in fact, bullet points.
Some use of imagination may be mandatory.

I saw Kings of Leon this weekend, amazing. I co-purchased the tickets for my best gal-pal's 21st(I couldn't legally buy her a drink, so I opted for concert tickets). Thought the seats would be terrible, judging by the venue map. However, they ended up being great, small venue, great acoustics, good show. Apparently the last time they played in San Diego at the same venue, they opened for Bob Dylan. They pointed out that the fact that they were head-lining two years later, was quite surreal.

I think I could eat sushi all day, it's like Subway sandwiches: you eat and then you're starving an hour later.

Is anything better than nutella?(answer: no)

School starts this week, looking forward to that.
The first week, there is always the anticipation of such great possibilities. Then by week two, you realize: the classes are boring, the professor has an accent that rivals our governor in clarity, there is no one cute in any of the five classes you chose, and you have to suffer through a minimum of 16 weeks til your next round of classes start.(And the cycle starts all over again...) I've got the system down.

Nevertheless, looking forward to it.


To exit on a lighter note...



awkwardfamilyphotos.com
(Thank you Crista for the tip)

5 comments:

blythe said...

LOVE nutella. i even made a shirt once.

maybe we can rendez-vous sometime on day 1? i'll be there around 3, and my first class is at 4.... :]

Cafe Pasadena said...

Yes: PIZZA

Unknown said...

No way, she hates pizza. But I love her anyway.

Anonymous said...

Camyron, I know I'm extremely late in discovering your blog, but you need to know that I relate to literally everything you write about. Love Kings of Leon, love Nutella, want to travel abroad but can't afford to, totally relate on the school front, love sushi but it's never filling, and awkwardfamilyphotos.com has made my day more than once. Just thought you should know that we might be long lost twins.

Camyron Lee said...

Laura, yay!
Sounds like we do have lots in common.
It's been a while my dear,hope you're great!