Sunday, February 24, 2008

Embarrassed


(I decided to put this one on here too--)

Thinking back on my most embarrassing and or clumsy moments:

First klutzy moment that comes to mind, there's quite a few to choose from.

One of my friends had just gotten a new hammock (to my excitement of course). Regardless, I recognize the fact that I am ridiculously clumsy and for a while I stayed clear of it. Then, one day while at his house, I decided to go for it. I hopped on while he was sitting in it and sure enough, I flipped us. I leaned too far back and we both landed upside down on the astro-turf matt in his backyard. Now, normally a girl who is significantly lighter than her 6 foot tall counterpart would be unable to overcome this great feat, but I did it. Me and my miraculously clumsy self--managed to pull it off. I had a rug burn, and he hurt his back.

On another occasion when I was ten, I managed to smack directly into a parking meter in Laguna. I was walking down the street with my sisters and I was pointing out some ridiculous car to them. Not paying attention to my surroundings, I turned from my antics JUST in time to slam my face right into the parking meter. Literally, it hit the side of my head so hard. My Mom was further behind us, and she said she heard it clang from half way down the street.

Another time, (This isn't clumsy: Just plain embarrassing) it was at the end of the service at my youth group and I got up to do the closing worship songs. I walked up on stage and I hear someone whispering loud enough to get my attention "Camyronnnn..." then I heard snickers. By this time, I am quite confused. Considering my worst fear is walking out of the bathroom with toilet paper stuck to my butt, or hanging off the back of my shoe, I began to get a bit nervous. Then I see Carrie, pointing to my butt. Mouthing "There's something on your pants." I am mortified. Like I said, worst fear. I discretely turn around to check, and sure enough...a big, white piece of tissue is stuck to my butt. Then I remembered how I had put my gum in a piece of tissue directly before I did opening worship. I must have come back to my chair and sat directly on the tissue. Nice one. That was pretty bad, only perpetuating my fear of random objects clinging to my behind.

The great thing is, these are just a few of the times in my life, where I look back and can't help but laugh. Realizing that over the years, I have not changed a bit. I have sprained both ankles by falling(within a three month period), I have sung words completely wrong to a song that I was supposed to be leading, and I have said the most unflattering things only to have the person I am smitten with(at the moment) walk in and hear me make a fool out of myself. I have dropped and broken more dishes than I can count, and lost more valuables than I can remember.

Overall I am a mess, but embracing that I am hopelessly clumsy and accident prone is half the battle.


2 comments:

Bethany Pee said...

you are such'a dork, but i lava youuuu. welcome! tehehe.

Carrie Allen said...

ahahaha, i am putting this on my blog