Thursday, February 28, 2008

Poem

God is so good. Honestly, I think it is in all the small things that I see His hand the most in my life. I love it. I see how he grows people in amazing ways, and how he uses them for his glory. What an amazing gift to be a tool in God's hand. The more I thought about it, the more I saw that we are not just tools--we are valued artwork(I would have settled for being a tool). Whenever Ephesians 2:10 comes up in Norman's(My Pastor) messages, he always points out the fact that the word "handiwork" literally means: poem. It never fails to get to me, that a God that is so great in power would care enough to look at each one of his saints and want to tell a love story through their lives. To be given that privilege of being God's poem, something he takes great pride in making perfect. My life, as a Christian should walk worthy of that calling. The verse goes on to say that we are created to do the good works that he has predestined for us and that we should walk in them. The creator of the Universe has planned out this poem and I am the theme. It is about me, using my life and the abilities I have to glorify him. To do good works--not because it will give me a ticket to heaven. But because that is what his poem(my life) is about, a Christian glorifying him through my actions.

2 comments:

Maritza said...

This is very amazing. I've never heard Chris say that before, but man that is just amazing!
Camp was all about how good God is, I wish I would've known this story before so that I could've shared it. Tis beautifulll. I love you!

Carrie Allen said...

amen sister.
love you.