Tuesday, February 26, 2008

i am a sap

I should be working on my History paper-- but this sentiment just had to be written down before it was forgotten.( Beware, it is abnormally sentimental and sappy)

Today my Mom left her phone at home while she went to the doctors(not shocking). I was waiting for a call from my sister in-law and I heard it go off, but did not catch it in time. I saw that my Dad had called, and I decided to listen to the voice mail before calling him back to say that my Mom didn't have the phone. I am so glad that I took the time to listen to it. In that voice mail, I learned so much about the caring and loving person my Dad is. Honestly, I can only hope to find a man that loves me, as much as my Dad loves my Mom, after thirty years and four kids. He had called to ask my Mom a question, but He didn't just ask it and hang up. He repeated three times(not consecutively) that he loved her so much. He asked his question, told her he loved her again and then went on to say that she was an amazing wife and mother and that he was so blessed to have her. I was so surprised, not that I don't see my parents as "being in-love". I suppose it is just because I never really took the time to relate their relationship to the kind I hope to have some day. You see those kind of things in movies, the guy who just calls to say hello and "I love you"...and girls hope to have that dream guy some day. I think it is safe to say that after thirty years of marriage, my Mom has had that "dream guy" since day one. When I told my Mom about it she just said that he was "always" that sweet. Who would have thought?

2 comments:

Bethany Pee said...

That's so sweet! I am a sap as well.. aww we all hope for that one day.

Carrie Allen said...

*tear*