Tuesday, July 1, 2008

He remains

I have been having this feeling of complete complacently, as of late. I had this sinking feeling that because I was not doing anything new or exciting with the love I have for Christ, it would disappear. It would somehow be null and void. I wanted to go and DO something different, I had this burning desire to ACT upon the faith that I have. Things kept falling through and my faith in His perfect will began to waver.

Why do I let my circumstances determine the amount of faith I have in Christ, the faith I have in his will for my life? I started reading 1st and 2nd Timothy this last week, thanks to some references Carrie brought out in our bible study. I love how when questions and insecurities seem overwhelming, words of surety seem to make themselves clearly visible in his word.

1 Timothy 2:13

" If we are faithless, He remains faithful. He cannot deny Himself"

1 Tim 3:14-15
"(14)But you must continue in the things you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them (15) and from childhood you have known the scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus."

I need to continue in faithfulness, relying on his perfect will. The beauty of the Christian life, is knowing that even when my faith in Him wavers, He remains unfailing.

2 comments:

Frank Morgan said...

Good one. Its the best to "stumble" upon scripture that helps you with exactly the problem your having. Just the most comforting feeling ever.

Carrie Allen said...

Yes, yes. Just keep pressing into Christ...keep your eyes on Him...focused on the Kingdom...and the rest will be given to you.