Sunday, September 28, 2008

Surreal.

I was on my bed chatting with my Mom and my Brother, when my brother pushes the dog off the bed and she freaks out. She starts barking and my brother being the pain in the butt that he is: starts yelling "who's here Lola? Go get 'em!"
She flips out and runs out of my room, then the door bell rings. I jokingly yell "there's my boyfriend!" and start running with the dog to get the door. Then I look down my stairs and see a guy at my front door. My brother yells "They're trying to open our door!" I look closer and the man at my door starts shining in his flashlight and pounding on the door. I back up and yell for my Dad. He goes down to open the door to the out of control Police officer, that is pounding on our door at ten o'clock at night. My Dad opens the door and the officer looks in and is like "Do I have the wrong house? What number is this?" We tell him our number and he talks into the dispatch receiver on his uniform. The person on the other end corrects him, by saying the disturbance is at number 63. He runs across the street and starts pounding on #63's door, then another police car pulls up. Along with a fire engine. Our patio overlooks number 63's patio and we witnessed the whole thing.

The man who lived just across the grassy island that separates the houses, had a heart attack and died. Just like that. Right on his patio, the same place he sat every morning and every night.

From our patio we could see his wife crying on their bed, and the officer trying to console her. It was the saddest picture, I can't even imagine that feeling. Utter despair, fear, knowing you've lost someone you love and thought you couldn't live with out. As I write this, I can hear her crying across the way.

Please pray for this woman. That God will bring peace and comfort to her and her family. And ultimately, that he would reveal himself to her through this terrible time.

Speechless.

2 Corinthians 1: 3&4

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

2 comments:

jordan said...

that. is. unbelievable.

Carrie Allen said...

oh. my. gosh.

Sooo sad!