Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Nothing Special

I have an 8:30 communications class, on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. We meet in a huge lecture hall, and I'm guessing that there are at least 150 students in the class. Like a majority of my classes, this class is always too warm inside, very conducive for dosing: which at least 1/3 of the class does, on a weekly basis.I always arrive late, so I usually sit in the back. Why interrupt the class by whispering "excuse me", making people move, or crawling over people to find a seat? Well at least, that is MY general outlook. However, some people have absolutely NO problem making a scene. I am usually at least 5 minutes late, however, I never miss out on experiencing "the rolling back-pack girl". Every class, Approximately 15 minutes into the lecture, I hear the outer door slam, the rumble of wheels across the antechamber, then the main door opens and I see: HER. She struts down the side isle, wheeling her portable book-case with her. Instead of following my lead, she walks all the way to the front of the class, rolling all the way, and starts weeding her way to the middle of the row. Whispering and Shuffling her way to her usual seat, located dead center in the middle of the room. Now that is audacity. I find it quite amusing.


You get a lot of interesting people in a random group of 150 students, in a GE required class, in a state college.

6 comments:

Carrie Allen said...

There is always the rolling backpack girl. I remember when Chris was first going back to school and he was adamant about taking a rolling backpack to school so he didn't hurt his back. He said he didn't care what people thought of him.

Needless to say, he changed his mind once he got there. I mean do those people not realize that beauty is pain sometimes? No one should ever, ever, do the rolling backpack. Ever.

blythe said...

ha. in my experience, the rolley backpackers were always among the first 5 or so in the class. they also asked a lot of questions.
total overachievers. painfully so.

Simone Knepper said...

I have a rolling backpack... :(
HA! just kidding. I always ask 'em: where you flying off to today?

Camyron Lee said...

Blythe, she DOES ask a lot of questions. And yes, I totally agree w/the whole "overachiever" assumption. However, I have to say that she has broken the "roll-away back-pack usin'" stereo-type.

Word to the wise: Don't be that guy(or girl)

Psalm37 said...

There's always the person with the rolling backpack, there's a lady in my night course that has the rolling back pack. Never fails, every year, every semester there's a person with a rolling back pack!

jordan said...

well is she hott?

-Adam