Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Revelation


I tend to get annoyed watching my inbox fill up with emails from thedailybibleverse (This sounds bad, I know), but sometimes they are the most random verses. Especially around the holidays (when the verses take on a "holiday" theme). However, sometimes they are amazing verses and I read them and know that God is speaking to me through his word. And I didn't even open the bible: thanks to modern conveniences, i suppose. Anyway, these are just a few that really struck me, and reminded me of the deep love and majesty of my savior.

Oh, the depth of his riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out! "For who can know the mind of the Lord? Or who has become His counselor?" "Or who has first given to Him And it shall be repaid to him?" For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.
-Romans 11:33-36

You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.
-Nehemiah 9:6

*The God who did all this and is worthy of the praises of these verses, reaches out to his people: His creation. And at the end of Revelation and all the judgments, and impending earthly destruction in this book, he offers grace. He offers a life line, a way of escape from all of it. He says "come!" He never leaves us to ourselves, or to destruction--even the person furthest away from God can turn from self and worldly destruction. If they would only hear the saviors voice, the bright and morning star calling out their name and saying "come!".It is the cry of a God who created man for the sole purpose of having fellowship and a relationship with Him. His creation turned their back on him, but he longs to have them near. So much so, that He says he sent an angel to testify in his church, and says for the lost to come and take the water of life freely. He sent his only son to die, so he can have that same relationship, that we threw away. The mighty God, who created all, who knows and sees all:loves all. Loves me.

16 "I Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star."
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.
Revelation 22:16-17

Thank you Lord.



4 comments:

VICKI FOURIE said...

What a revelation! A beautiful word from a beautiful God! Amen.

I'm a Christian writer, and would appreciate it if you could go to my blog and let me know what you think of it? (leave a comment)

vickifourie.blogspot.com

Vicki

Carrie Allen said...

the same lady left me a comment.

Carrie Allen said...

you'll appreciate my newest post...

Anonymous said...

whoops, no, the next one...