Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wedding Bells.

My sister is getting married in less than six months! My beautiful, amazing sister is tying the knot! So weird, that she will be a wife and in a while: a mother. This thought is killing me. In my mind she has been and will remain 23 years old. Single gal(by choice...even though guys were constantly falling for her), friend lovin', party goin', waitressing, sister.She had a car and lived on her own by the time she was 18(I feel like such a slacker). In her condo by the beach, she continued to be free and live the crazy life of a twenty-somethin' year old. She has always been the big sister that I have always hoped to be like, and now she's morphing into this ultra-chic career women. She is affianced to an amazing guy and has a huge rock on her finger to prove it. She received her undergraduate degree in communications(public relations) and is now working for a small Public Relations Firm in Newport/Costa Mesa. She is only becoming more beautiful as she gets older, and to see her in her wedding dress was a truly spectacularly surreal moment.

Which brings me to the fact that: drum roll please... I am her maid of honor.
When I was younger and we had discussed her future wedding I had been told that someone older should be the maid of honor, so they could plan all the "events" and such. When she called me five or so months back to tell me that John had proposed, I didn't know what would happen. However, when we sat down in the hotel lobby(where he had popped the question) and she sat there gazing at her platinum engagement ring...she asked me to be her maid of honor. Tear* She told me that I was her best friend, and I was the only one she could see as her maid of honor(We were both crying.)Who knew that after all these years of petty sister squabbles, and arguments over borrowing clothes she would ask me to stand beside her on one of the most important days of her life. Time changes a lot, and I am so happy to be given this honor. We have truly become closer than I could ever have hoped for. And for this, I am truly thankful.

Which also reminds me that I have the "honor" of giving the toast at the reception.The thought alone gives me the creeps. All those eyes watching me, what will I say? Something sentimental? Something witty? Something Serious? Or all of the above? Oh well, I guess I'll figure it out when the time draws near. For now, I'll just shiver at the thought and push it to the back of my mind.

Anyway,
Congrats Crista!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Austin James Ranson said...

well, that's pretty dang cool... i've NEVER been able to be anyone's maid of honor :-P ... but seriously, that's really cool - congratulations!

Bethany Pee said...

*toast
"...we use to take baths together! now you get to take baths with her!"

bahahah just kidding..

Maritza said...

hahahah freaking bethany.


but serious.. this is theee sweetest thing ever.. i hope i can make my sister feel like this in the future. hahah. :P

dont ever let me use ^ that face again