Monday, April 28, 2008

Yesterday.

So today I saw the Normans...well Tatum + kids anyways.
She stopped by to say hello while at my work, I LOVE when people come by, so it was quite a pleasure. It was good to see the kiddos and for the first time ever...they seemed pretty stoked to see me. Even Cade was creeping out of her chair and waving her arms to say hello(This is big, given that the Norman children usually don't like me in their earliest stages of life).

Anyhow, this made me think of Hawaii last summer and all the lovely memories that went along with it. Then I thought about how Ryah just turned 5, and I met Tate when she was pregz with her.Then one thought lead to another and now I'm reminiscing about the old days of youth group and being a freshmen again. Heck, just high school period. It was so much easier! I felt like I had a place to go(youth group), and even though I begrudged the strict rules(no two-piece bathing suites, no PDA, no slapping each others' butts;), I felt quite at home. I felt like I belonged at Calvary Laguna, on Wednesday nights and at really any time. I remember being nagged by the Normans to spill all the juicy gossip(or lack there of) when I'd babysit, bake sales/car washes, winter/summer camps, worship nights(Pizza, Prayer and Praise), small groups, the original FUZE(thank you ONEREPUBLIC for making our all-nighters legendary)and random overtimes on warm summer nights. I MISS IT ALL! I don't have pictures to blog, but I certainly do have some great images on file in my head.

9 comments:

Maritza said...

sighh
weird i was just thinking about this all, because i was at there house babysitting for them, and i was so happy to just hangout and talk to them once they got home. man i miss those days soo much.

Bethany Pee said...

girl, i know how you feel. And ha, the normans still try and get the juicy gossip!

Camyron Lee said...

Oh I didn't know you ended up sitting for them marz! fun fun fun!
I lovezz them

wa lets go back in time

Maritza said...

waaa yes please.
its weird, ive never felt at home like i do/did there back then. it was truly a sanctuary. just filled with good times.
wa wa wa

Camyron Lee said...

Totally,
and B...
you're right. Still nosy as ever! ha

Carrie Allen said...

good times.

love you.

Bethany Pee said...

good times.


love you.

jordan said...

haa i was just thinking about youth group days too! so weird. i remember i used to love breaking those stupid PDA rulez, boy that pissed them off.

Camyron Lee said...

haha Jordan, such a rebel!