Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes

Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things
(The Holiday edition)


1. Christmas Lights

2. Christmas songs: I established a few favorites this year*

"All I want for Christmas is you" -Mariah Carey(Don't judge Me)
"What Christmas Means to Me" -Stevie Wonder
"Baby Please come home"-Ben Gibbard
"Last Christmas"- WHAM!

3. Christmas Shopping (Has anyone been to Victoria Gardens? It is like a
mini-shopping city.Definitely worth checking out.)

4. Seeing SNOW on the mountains

5. Christmas sweater parties: Just can't get enough of them...

Exhibit A:


6. Christmas Cookie Parties

7. 5 WEEK VACATION

8. The Holiday Shopper?

Now, I know that generally the Holiday season is infamous for bringing out the WORST in the American consumer: creating greedy, angry, bargain hunting shoppers.
However, this Christmas, I have met more patient, kind,and caring people, than I can count on one hand. I don't know if people are just more appreciative of the little things this year, but my customers have been willing to chit-chat long after they're shopping is completed, have graciously allowed me to ring others before themselves, and have been overly appreciative of my assistance. Refreshing.

9.

Isaiah 9: 6-7
" For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, [b] Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David's throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the LORD Almighty
will accomplish this."



MERRY CHRISTMAS to All, and to All a good night...

3 comments:

danielle marie. said...

1. i love all i want for cristmas is you by mariah carry..im definately not judging.
2. i HAVE been to victoria gardens and i love it.

Elizabeth said...

Hurrah!!! I am not the only one to love that song by mariah carey :) Such a fun song, isn't it?

blythe said...

hope you had a vunderfullll christmas. !!
(A german one too, apparently)