Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Twilight

I have officially caved to the pop-culture driven, Twilight Phenomenon.
I read the book, skeptically at first. "Not my kind of book" I said, "I don't have time" I said. Well...come to find out: it IS my kind of book, and I MADE the time to read the first book(currently reading the second). When the movie came out, I had yet to start the book: if it was NOT my kind of book, it was definitely NOT my kind of movie. Then tonight, after reading the book(always better), I decided on a whim to go see the movie.(Perhaps not of my own volition, I was semi-convinced/FORCED to see it by a true twilight cheerleader, Miss Stefanie Bammer).



*First Impressions: Over-actor award of the year goes to...Robert Pattinson(Edward Cullen.) Bad special effects, and sadly, a lot of the details were lost in translation from book to film.

However, after thinking about the book details in relation to the film, and paying attention to the (as Stefanie pointed out)amazing sound track:I decided that I loved the movie. Great film. Did any of you critics pay attention to the background tunes? Radiohead, Muse, Iron&Wine. Completely legit.

I liked it, I loved it. It was not the book, how could it be? There is so much you can write in a book,and so many pictures you can paint with words, that cannot translate onto the screen. I just took the movie, as it was: knowing what I know about the book and relating those details to what I saw in the film. It worked and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My advice, read the book first and connect the dots.

(Sarah-- I'm totally down to see it again)

1 comment:

jordan said...

im not saying anything about the book; but the movie was definitely on the top five crappiest movies i've ever seen.