Sunday, December 7, 2008

You say goodbye, I say Hello






All the good ones go away.
Doesn't it sometimes feel that way?
(I'm the rhymnoceros- Hopefully SOMEONE catches my Flight of the Conchords Reference)

For instance, I have now worked at Nordstrom for a little over a year. I have met so many nice people. When you work with people all the time, because your shifts co-inside it makes for a lot of extra "bonding" time.Even though we aren't supposed to be "making small talk" on the selling floor. 8 hour shifts + a store that is slow 90% of the year + lots of interaction with other departments = you're bound to make a few friends. However the sad thing about work friends, is that they often move on to other opportunities. They move, switch stores, get promotions, go to lunch and never come back(yes, this happened*), switch departments, or just quit. It is really sad. I hate it. I feel like everyone that I REALLY like has left or is leaving: MOST of the people I started with are long gone.

Of course with employees leaving, we DO get new people: sometimes a good thing, I'm lookin' up...but it tis bitter-sweet.
I really do feel like it is all the good ones that go away.

Oh, but I DID get to visit the VERY FIRST Nordstrom, while I was in Seattle. And the Love affair continues...



See the Glorious sign through the trees? I MADE the girls go inside the store, because after all... how often do I go to Seattle?




(Also, B I can't wait for you to come home!!)

2 comments:

Bethany Pee said...

It's a sad day when your co-workerbestie leaves you at smoothie king!!!!! the place where most of our love grew...

well...the day is soon, when I will get to see your beautiful face tehehe and KLATCH right away :) :)

Carrie Allen said...

I took such an artsy picture, and bought the best purse ever at that Nordies!