Saturday, May 17, 2008

Grief

Today, I honestly saw something that broke my heart.

I was driving home from work, tired and barely aware of my surroundings, when I noticed an SUV in front of me with a huge sticker scrolled across the back window. I normally don't pay attention to things like that, but for some reason it caught my eye.

I began to read it, and then started crying.

The writing on the back window read:

In loving memory of (in bold letters),

My loving wife(with the date of her death)
Daddy's little angel
Daddy's boy
Daddy's little boy (with the distance between his birth and death being only one year)
and another name(with the date of his death beside it)

All of the dates of death were on July 17th of 2003.

I don't understand how someone can lose so many people they love, and still survive.
How do you recover, rebuild, and go one with your life after something so tragic?

I will never forget that sticker, and the sorrow I felt for that person inside.

1 comment:

Frank Morgan said...

dang. that's rough. wow.