Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wake Me Up Before You Go

Today, I had to get blood taken. I've been shaky as of late, and I had a hip problem going on(which my doctor passively dismissed). So the tests were mostly due to the shakiness.

After filling out a long form, asking if I have ever had nearly,every kind of disease one could possibly imagine, I waited in my little room for the doctor for another hour(Reminding me why I hate the doctor's office). He moved my leg around, asked some questions and prescribed aleve and stretching before the gym. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I waited for two hours just to be told to do what I already have been doing. Then when he asked if anything else was going wrong, I spilled my guts. I have a cold, and I tremble a lot:with or without food in my stomach. He said it could be familial tremors(but this was most likely not the case because of the lack of family history), then he said it could possibly be an overactive thyroid(then looked me and up and down and said "but.."(Which can only mean one thing, I am far too "hefty/healthy" looking to have an overactive thyroid which causes weight loss). Bummer. Then, He asked some more questions and told me he wanted blood tests.

So my Mom and I headed back to the lab this morning, I thought it wouldn't be too bad. I wasn't really nervous, until I saw her tie the rubberband around my arm. Then I began giggling, to keep from crying. The nurse, was like: "See not that bad? Although, I've never had someone laugh the whole time". I assured her that it was simply to keep me from passing out. Which, after I was done and in possession of three less vials of blood...I'm pretty sure I started to do. Things turned black,and my ears starting ringing. Then I about threw up, and apparently turned completely pale. TMI? Anyway, bad experience. Still have the cold, and my hip still hurts. Yep...really glad I went to the doctors.

Another thing,
Too many changes all at once. Not necessarily in my own life, but in the lives of those around me. Graduations, Girlfriends, Moving, Mission trips, Vacations...I'm getting the feeling that life is changing and I'm the only one that is still sitting complacent, stuck in the hum-drum of everyday life.

A couple of things I have come to value, and yet see little of: loyalty, honestly, optimism, stability, genuineness.

2 comments:

Bethany Pee said...

awww feeeeel better, I called earlier to see how you were doing and thanks for your loyalty of calling me back... NOT! Anyways I know I'm failing on the optimism, mine's completely gone.

Austin James Ranson said...

Wow... that's like the most ridiculous doctor story i've ever heard.

You need to come over and watch arrested development.